Welcome to Woodchurch Methodist church’s website. There are lots of helpful and fun activities at the church and you are welcome to come and join in.
I’ve been minister of this church for a number of years now and I’m really enjoying working amongst the people of Woodchurch. I was born in Eccles, Manchester and trained as a teacher. I taught in a number of primary schools in Leeds before responding to God’s call to become a Methodist minister.
People living on the Woodchurch estate can face problems in their everyday lives and it is our hope that the church can support them in their good times and in their difficult times. We try to do this because we believe that our Lord, Jesus Christ called us to love and help our neighbours whether they are friends or strangers. Jesus asks us to show his love to others by making them welcome. – Rev’d Ann Rigby-Jones
Woodchurch Methodist Church aims to be a beacon of light and hope in Woodchurch, a Housing Estate of around 10,000 people. The church is open 7 days a week. Approximately 450-500 adults and children use the premises each week. We provide a home for many community activities.
• Three computer classes per week, in our IT suite of 18 computers, supported by a teacher from Woodchurch High School.
• Working in partnership with the Anglican and RC churches on the estate. An ecumenical Prayer Walk takes place each month involving all three churches. • A weekly Job Club, with a Wirral-wide reach, which gets referrals from the Job Centre.
• Monthly surgeries held by local MP Margaret Greenwood.
• A Community Safety meeting, which we chair, involving local residents and representatives of the Police, Fire Service, Magenta Housing, Wirral Methodist Housing, Wirral Council and other faith communities.
• An annual service for the UK Methodist Tongan community. In 2015, 120 people experienced an amazing time of worship.
• Children excluded from lessons at the local High School come to the church with their teachers for a range of activities.
• Fusion – a Bereavement Support group for parents who have lost adult children.
• The Shoebox Appeal – an important part of the Church’s Mission: 557 shoeboxes sent to deprived children in Ukraine in 2015.
Other activities at the church include card-making, bread making, a Fun & Fitness group, a Dance School, Knit and Natter, and Thursday lunches followed by Bible study.
We try to serve the local community in many different ways, form partnerships wherever possible, and with our Ecumenical partners, work for the peace and prosperity of the area.
Please contact us through the form on the website.
Address: 64 Pemberton Rd, Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside CH49 8EB, UK
Sunday worship is at 10:30 am. You can view a list of preachers on our website.
Woodchurch Methodist Church is a very busy place. Visit the website to see all that is going on. Here is a flavour.
Church Mice: 1st Thursday of month, 10:00 am.
Children’s Dance Classes: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.
Friendship Group: Thursday 10:00 am – 12:00 noon.
Fusion (bereavement support) Thursday 10:30 am – 12:00 (fortnightly).
Fun, Fitness and Relaxation: Thursday 11:00 am – 12:00 noon.
Soup and Batch Lunch: Thursday 11:30 am – 12:30 pm.
Woodchurch Methodist Church
Woodchurch Methodist Church