Welcome to Woodchurch Methodist church’s website. There are lots of helpful and fun activities at the church and we would love you to come and join in.
People living on the Woodchurch estate can face problems in their everyday lives and it is our hope that the church can support them in their good times and in their difficult times. We try to do this because we believe that our Lord, Jesus Christ called us to love and help our neighbours whether they are friends or strangers. Jesus asks us to show his love to others by making them welcome. – Deacon Ellie Griffin
Woodchurch Methodist Church aims to be a beacon of light and hope in Woodchurch, a Housing Estate of around 10,000 people. The church is open 7 days a week. Approximately 450-500 adults and children use the premises each week. We provide a home for many community activities.
• Working in partnership with the Anglican and RC churches on the estate. An ecumenical Prayer Walk takes place each month involving all three churches.
• An annual service for the UK Methodist Tongan community. In 2015, 120 people experienced an amazing time of worship.
• Children excluded from lessons at the local High School come to the church with their teachers for a range of activities.
• Fusion – a Bereavement Support group for parents who have lost adult children.
• The Shoebox Appeal – an important part of the Church’s Mission, with shoeboxes sent to deprived children in Ukraine and other places.
Other activities at the church include card-making, bread making, a Fun & Fitness group, a Dance School, Knit and Natter, and Thursday lunches followed by Bible study.
We try to serve the local community in many different ways, form partnerships wherever possible, and with our Ecumenical partners, work for the peace and prosperity of the area.
Address: 64 Pemberton Rd, Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside CH49 8EB, UK
Sunday worship is at 10:30 am.
Woodchurch Methodist Church is a very busy place. Here is a flavour.
Church Mice: 1st Thursday of month, 10:00 am.
Children’s Dance Classes: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.
Friendship Group: Thursday 10:00 am – 12:00 noon.
Fusion (bereavement support) Thursday 10:30 am – 12:00 (fortnightly).
Fun, Fitness and Relaxation: Thursday 11:00 am – 12:00 noon.
Soup and Batch Lunch: Thursday 11:30 am – 12:30 pm.